What is The Leader in Me?
The Leader in Me is a whole-school transformation model that improves the performance of all other programs. Based on The 7 Habits of Highly Effective
People, The Leader in Me equips students with the self-confidence and skills they need to thrive in the 21st-century. –Franklin Covey Education
What are the 7 Habits?
Habit One: Be Proactive
- I have a "Can Do" attitude and always try my best.
- I choose my actions, attitudes and moods. I don't blame others.
- I do the right thing even if nobody is looking.
Habit Two: Begin with the End in Mind
- I plan ahead and set goals for myself.
- I am prepared.
- I think about the choices I make and how they will affect my future.
Habit Three: Put First Things First
- I spend my time on things that are most important.
- I stay focused on what I am doing and try to minimize distractions.
Habit Four: Think Win-Win
- I am a problem-solver.
- I am kind to others and try to think about what others want, not just myself.
Habit Five: Seek First To Understand, Then to Be Understood
- I listen to other people's ideas and feelings without interrupting.
- I try to understand other people’s viewpoints and feelings, even if they are different from my own.
Habit Six: Synergize
- I work well in groups.
- I know that as a team we can accomplish more than we could alone.
Habit Seven: Sharpen the Saw
- I take care of my body by eating right, exercising, and getting plenty of sleep.
- I spend time with family and friends.
- I am constantly learning how to better myself.